One of my favorite tips for people new to plant-based eating is to enjoy Taco Tuesday more often. Tacos are one of the easiest vegan meals you can ever make! Plus, people can build their own taco, just the way they like them—just prepare the fillings and toppings and let people make their own. This super simple, healthy Vegan Taco with Refried Beans and Corn Salsa recipe is a basic one to get you started. With only 7 ingredients, you can get these on the table in 10 minutes! Great for fast, budget-friendly family meals, and perfect for teaching kids to cook too. You can also add some of your own favorite toppings to this recipe, including home-made cashew cream, olives, or shredded plant-based cheese. If you have more time, try making your own refried beans with my fabulous recipe here.
I showcased this recipe in a news segment for KTLA 5 Los Angeles as part of Veganuary here.
Whip up these basic, easy, 10-minute Vegan Tacos with Refried Beans and Corn Salsa with only 7 ingredients for a kid-approved, healthy, budget-friendly meal.
- 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups (about 1–1/2 15-ounce cans) prepared vegetarian refried beans (black or pinto), or make your own refried beans here
- 2 1/2 cups shredded white cabbage
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium avocados, sliced thinly (10 slices per avocado)
- Warm tortillas for 1-2 minutes over a hot skillet to soften.
- To prepare tacos, fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup refried beans, 1/4 cup shredded white cabbage, 4 cherry tomato halves, 2 slices avocado, and 1 sprig cilantro (optional) for garnish.
- To prepare corn salsa, mix mild salsa with corn.
- Serve each taco with 3 tablespoons corn salsa.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 553 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan taco, healthy tacos, easy taco recipe, vegan taco recipe
For other plant-based taco recipes, check out the following:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.