I just love a soft, chewy molasses cookie, rich with the burnt amber goodness of molasses, and the sweet aromatic appeal of baking spices. I turned to aquafaba—bean liquid—to provide a fluffy texture to these moist Soft Molasses Cookies. In addition, some of the flour is swapped out with nutrient-rich almond meal.
These soft molasses cookies are made with aquafaba, nutrient-rich almond meal, and the sweet aromatic appeal of baking spices.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place aquafaba* (bean liquid) in a mixing bowl and whip with an electric mixer until thick (about 4 minutes).
- Mix in molasses, coconut palm or brown sugar, and dairy-free margarine until smooth.
- Mix in almond meal, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt (if desired) just to make a smooth mixture, do not overmix.
- Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drop cookie batter by spoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until cooked through and firm.
*Learn more about how to make aquafaba here.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 145 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: vegan cookie, cookie recipe, molasses cookie
For other cookie recipes, check out some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.